In this article will be detailing how the causes cause back pain, how to treat this condition, and how to prevent the emergence of pain, with a similar localization.
The causes of pain
Most often the pain in the back in the horizontal position occur because of the development of these diseases:
- Stretching of the ligaments or muscles.
- Dissection of the aorta.
- Degenerative disease of the spine disks.
- A variety of viral lesions.
- Infection in the spine.
- Osteochondrosis of the.
- Stones in the kidneys.
- Fracture of the pelvic bones.
- Deformation or acquired curvature of the spine (kyphosis).
- Pinched spinal nerves.
- Displacement of the intervertebral discs.
In addition, pain in the back area can occur when excessive load on the muscles and spine.
Sometimes these symptoms may indicate the development of oncological diseases of internal organs (kidney, heart, or pancreas). When this pain is going to put in the back area, and concentrates in the abdomen or chest.
Pregnancy on the past timing of their occurrence can cause a gnawing pain in the lower back. It is connected with the load, which forms endure back pain women, when the size of the fetus is already big enough.
The symptoms of the disease
Back pain may have a different character of his speech, and the place of localization. With the help of these data the doctor can diagnose the individual disorders.
Back pain can be:
- The sore (may indicate the excessive overload of the back muscles, and also to the development of kidney disease).
- Pain in the back with a clear localization in one place (may be indicative of osteoarthritis or arthritis).
- Pain that is accompanied by high temperature and exhaustion of the organism (may indicate the development of neoplastic disease).
- Painful sensations arise in the night.
- Cramping pain with a specific location.
- Pain, which arose after a long encampment and gives in the side.
- Pain that appears after lifting heavy and increases in sleep.
- Discomfort in the back, gives the buttocks and legs.
- Acute pain, which a person after lying to the provisions of the it is very difficult to build exactly (may indicate a pinched nerve, but also on the pathological curvature of the spine).
Usually back pain in the supine position are of a chronic nature, as often people in time do not pay attention to their appearance. Over time, these feelings will decrease, however it at all does not indicate that their reason why she disappeared.
Treatment of diseases that are associated with your back, deals with the doctor-spine.
After a search of the person and the collection of medical history, the doctor without exception be determined as the survey:
- Radiography of the spine (to exclude possible fractures).
- MRI of the spine (to give a complete picture of the state of the muscle tissue).
- The general analysis of blood and urine for the possibility of obtaining an overall picture of the health and also the detection of the inflammatory process.
- Examination by a neurologist.
For exclusion of possible cancer pathologies, and also diseases of internal organs, which may become the cause of back pain, it is necessary to come as a survey:
- ULTRASOUND examination of the abdominal cavity;
- advice gastroenterologist;
- examination by a proctologist, gynecologist (women) and urologists (for men).
Treatment of bole in the back to carry out comprehensively with the help of drugs and physiotherapy therapy. In some cases (when necessary to indicate) the patient can the terms massage, therapeutic exercise, manual therapy or acupuncture.
The total course of treatment is chosen for each patient individually depending, and since his diagnosis, condition, age and accompanying diseases.
To relieve back pain, you need to:
- limit heavy physical activity, which can put a burden on the spine;
- wear a special supportive corset;
- does not comply with bed rest, because it can contribute to the transition of acute pain into a chronic form (lying in bed should be just after the fracture of the spine).
Medical therapy for back pain provides the reception of such groups of drugs:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs . May be in the form of tablets or creams.
- Pain medication medication .
- Compresses with a solution of novocaine (for the elimination of acute pain).
- Antispasmodic drugs to get rid of muscle cramps.
- Chondroprotectors (to slow the destruction of cartilage). Usually these medications are appointed of arthritis, arthrosis and osteochondrosis.
- Vitamin complexes.
If back pain were caused by oncological pathology or disease of the internal organs, in this case, the patient are assigned to the appropriate group of drugs and is being developed own scheme of treatment.
It is important to know that self-prescribe meds cannot be, because of their poor reception (poorly selected group of the drug or dosage), can cause various side effects and a general deterioration of health.
Physiotherapy treatment involves performing the following treatment procedures:
- magnetic therapy;
Also to the patient it is recommended to involve swimming.
Another effective method of treatment is acupuncture. It is aimed to reduce back pain and release muscle tension, which is often due to the mental state of the patient.
Despite the usefulness of this procedure cannot be carried out in such testimony by the patient:
- in acute respiratory disease;
- when violations of blood clotting;
- in acute diseases of the kidneys and the liver;
- in the development of neoplastic diseases;
- in the period after the surgical procedure;
- in the presence of diseases of the blood vessels or heart;
- when the inclination of the patient to bleeding.
Manual therapy is also very effective at eliminating back pain. Prescribe it can only by the attending physician after careful diagnosis of the patient. With proper implementation of this therapy helps to relieve back pain, but also relieve muscle tension.
It is important to know that this type of treatment is not appropriate conduct in the following cases:
- in the period after the transfer of heart attack;
- in osteoporosis;
- when tuberculosis or other severe infectious diseases;
- in hernia of the intervertebral disc;
- when violations of blood clotting;
- in anemia;
- people of an older age;
- in diseases of the blood vessels.
If you perform manual therapy of the patient with the above mentioned contraindications, it can lead to serious complications in his condition.
In order to minimize the risk of back pain, it is necessary to stick to these tips:
- Sleep on the elastic orthopedic mattress and the same pillow (best to learn how to even sleep without a pillow).
- Maintain a straight posture while sitting behind a desk, but also walking.
- Eat right, maintain a stable weight.
- Walk on heels no more than two consecutive hours. A large part of the shoe should be on a flat sole.
- During prolonged stay in a standing position needs to find support for your elbows, shoulders or hand to a little bit to unload the pressure on the body and the spine.
- When lifting something need to squat, not bend.
- Avoid sudden movements and twists and turns to avoid damage to the muscles of the spine.
- Engage in physical activities to strengthen muscles of the torso. The best for this purpose, suitable health physical education, swimming, yoga, jogging and fitness classes.
- Avoid hypothermia and drafts, which can "blow up" the back muscles and make them sore.
- In the daily work at the computer is needed to do frequent breaks and mash your back, hands, neck and shoulders.
- Try to stay in one position longer periods of time.