Discomfort or pain in the back in the lumbar region, are usually associated with two main reasons: problems with the spine or kidney disease. And on the last share is not more than 5% of all pathological processes.
In order to distinguish these states, a doctor must conduct a series of laboratory-instrumental research, and carefully collect the medical history of the disease.
Pain in the lower back pain can be unilateral or diffuse character. Patients describe their feelings in the most diverse manner: "the kidney pulls", "spin bakes or burns" and so on
Despite the similarity of the painful feelings, each of these pathologies has a number of distinctive features and symptoms, which a specialist may choose to hand the correct diagnosis.
Before themselves versed in the issues about how to determine the hurts, whether you Have kidney or back, it is best to seek the help of a qualified doctor. After all, only he will be able to understand the real cause of the defective condition, and why it was created.
If the patient has a history of available information about the previously delegated inflammatory processes in the kidney, the presence of stones, the destructive processes in the spine or intervertebral hernia, then the process of diagnosis in such situations, it would be easier. But this does not exclude that it is completely different the nature of the bad health condition of the patient, and the emergence of a new disease.
The characteristic symptoms of the pathology
When the back hurts in the kidney area, then in the first place is to reflect on the presence of inflammatory components in the body. In particular, in the case that the pain is clearly localized on one side of the lower part of the back, there are some problems with urination, and missing the connection of pain with physical exercise or physical activity.
In addition to the above symptoms, the kidney disease have a number of characteristics:
- The pain is more often unilateral, localized to the right or to the left, has an aching or drawing description of the product: is not associated with the movement of the human body and rarely gives in other anatomical areas.
- If it is a failure of colic, then back in the kidney area hurts very strongly, completely starving the patient, the ability to move and endure the discomfort.
- In the position of lying down or sitting the sensation of pain, as usual, without changing their intensity and character of the manifestations, or shrinking ever so slightly.
- The emergence of back pain in the area of one or both kidneys, can have a direct correlation with the previous hypothermia, swimming in the icy water or stay in the drafts.
- Are overall symptoms of intoxication, changes the temperature of the reaction, appear weakness, lethargy, malaise.
- There are various symptoms of the violation of the law of urination (cutting, cramps, and so on), urinary sediment becomes cloudy, it will appear flaky on or other pathological admixtures.
- When effleurage edge of the palm in the area of the anatomical projection of the affected kidney, the body starts to hurt, is stronger.
If they have a serious disturbance in the functioning of the kidneys and impair their essential function, then in addition to the painful sensations, the patient may interfere with the following complaints:
- numbers blood pressure become unstable and tend to increase them;
- reduces the amount of daily excretion of urine (assuming sufficient drinking fluids during the day);
- will appear different degrees of edema of the lower limbs or on the face (in the morning hours, which is associated with the finding of the patient in the horizontal position during sleep, and the accumulation of fluid in the tissues);
- the patient may worsen appetite, sometimes nausea or bouts of vomiting.
Pathology of the musculoskeletal system
Diseases of the spine, associated with its destructive-dystrophic processes have several characteristics due to which it can be distinguished from the diseases of the urinary tract:
- Feelings of pain more often wear a "central" character, i.e. localized directly on the axis, passing through the spine.
- During palpation places the greatest pain, there is radiation of pain above or below the place of its original location, due to the peculiarities of the nervous innervation of the roots.
- The appearance of this symptom is usually preceded by the force of the load and the twists and turns or sail hull only worsen the discomfort.
- A patient may be numb right or left foot, appears a feeling of crawling "chills" or other sensitive diseases associated with impaired digestion the nerve impulse the nerve fibers that pinched.
- In idle state the health condition of the patient improves, and the profession of a comfortable posture can completely stop the attack of pain.
- The patient is not increased temperature, and completely missing the signs of intoxication of the organism.
- After application of the warming ointments or remedies with painkillers effect, the back muscles begin to hurt much less.
Much less often back in the kidney area, the pain of the following diseases:
- Inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs, especially in women of reproductive age.
- Digestive diseases, such as pancreatitis, cholecystitis, GSD, peptic ulcer and more.
- An aneurysm of the abdominal department of aorta, mezadenita, and more.
Methods of diagnosis
In order to determine the exact cause of the unpleasant symptoms and their association with musculoskeletal disorders or pathological processes in the kidney, the doctor makes several laboratory-instrumental studies.
When the query of the patient to pay attention to all the properties of painful sensations, their intensity, the time of formation, factors, that this was preceded by, connected with the physical load, etc.
Objective examination allows the specialist to determine the origin of the pain, by giving them the special function of the samples. So, a positive symptom of clicking in the projection of the kidneys, points to a pathological process in the tissues (in this case, becomes the strengthening of the unpleasant feelings).
The neurological nature of the painful feelings associated with the destructive processes in the spine, it is possible to determine, and check, whether the fact that performs a number of diagnostic samples. As usual in these patients are available limitation of motion in the lumbar spine pillar, it violated the sensitivity of the lower extremities, positive symptoms of tension, etc.
Indicators of blood and urine in diseases of the musculoskeletal system remain completely normal, while in renal pathology occurs, the shift indicators on the side of the inflammation (like leukocytes and ESR, in the upsetting appear war, in a large amount of red blood cells and leukocytes and others).
For further diagnosis of renal pathology spend court on Nechiporenko and urine test (if necessary).
Necessarily in all patients with suspected inflammatory processes of the urinary tract to send a urine sample for sowing on nutritious environment. Thanks to that can accurately determine the nature of the infectious agent and its sensitivity to antibacterial drugs.
Range of instrumental examination is quite wide, but in the first stages it is restricted to the following procedures:
- ULTRASOUND examination of both kidneys, with the help of which is carried out evaluation of their condition, the presence of inflammation, calculi, pathological focus, the status of the Cup apparatus and the other components.
- Radiography in the area of the lumbar spine, on which are visible all the destructive processes, a protrusion of a hernia, abnormal growths and more.
When the data obtained is not enough for diagnosis, resort to other diagnostic procedures. Methods CT and MRI allow you to most accurately judge, of all the pathological processes taking place in those or other organs. Have the most informative, because they allow to visualize even the smallest of education. The use of contrasting substances essential in determining the nature of the disease of the kidneys. From these studies can be the start of the diagnosis, if the situation so requires, or to allow the financial capabilities of the patient.
Never attempt to self-medicate the pain in your back, not after the detection of the nature of this condition. After all, there are procedures, which, when one of the disease you, and in the second, only worse for your health. In addition, etiological treatment in diseases of the kidney and the spine have a completely different focus, and therefore, drugs taken by the wrong not only will not bring the needed effect, but may even hurt. Always ask for help at your doctor, who will be able to establish the correct diagnosis and prescribe individualized treatment.