Unfortunately, the pain often interferes with our everyday life. Of course, you can take comfort in the fact that if something hurts, then you are still alive, but it is better you try to remove it. For what reasons arise from pain in the back and in the abdomen, and what is needed to alleviate their condition?
Localization of pain
To understand what is happening, it is necessary to determine several parameters that characterize the resulting discomfort. In order to determine exactly what could cause pain in the back and in the abdomen, it is necessary to try to determine their localization. If the pain in the back more-less clear then for the examination of the abdomen may need to perform several actions:
- it is necessary to lie down on your back and slightly bend at the knees;
- place your palms on the abdominal wall and circular movements gently, but trying to deeply push, specify the place where the pressure causes a maximum pain.
For the convenience of the diagnosis schematically the stomach is divided into right and left half. In various diseases of the outbreak the pain can be located in the right or left iliac region, in the area of the navel, in the right or left hypochondrium. In addition, pain can wear a leaked character when constantly stomach hurts and it is impossible to determine the specific place where the pain the most.
The nature of the pain
No less important to determine the nature of the pain. Can be dull, aching, pressure, or conversely, sharp. A very dangerous symptom can be a dagger of pain (in this case, it created a feeling as if struck with a dagger). Also, pain can wear arching character, as if the inside starts to inflate the bead.
Equally important is to determine where radiating into (giving) pain. For example, often occur the situation, when the back hurts at the bottom, and these pains due in the lower part of the abdomen or thigh. It becomes, on the contrary, pain in the abdomen can put in the lower back. In addition, over time the pain can change the localization (at appendicitis pain first observed in the epigastric, but after a while descend into the right iliac area).
For precise diagnosis is less important to determine what triggered the pain arose suddenly or developed gradually in the course of a few hours or even days, that might trigger its appearance (excessive physical exertion, hypothermia, stress); what other symptoms accompany bouts of pain – increase in temperature, vomiting, diarrhea or conversely, constipation, which lasted several days. All these details help you draw a more complete picture of the disease and to correctly establish the diagnosis.
Pain, whose cause became the pathology of internal organs
Among the most common causes of pain in the back and in the abdomen are pathology of the gastrointestinal tract and the urinary system. The same symptoms, but less frequently may occur in diseases of the heart and broncho-pulmonary system. Consider the most common diseases.
- Pathology of the genitourinary system (cystitis, pielo-, glomerulonephritises, urethritis). These disorders often become the cause of that, that it hurts your back at the bottom. In addition to the pain syndrome, these diseases are accompanied by disorders of urination (usually increase) the minor increase in temperature, the presence of blood in the urine. Once again, the pathology, which is able to cause severe pain, is kidney stones a disease, and, in particular, renal colic. She can become a cause of that, that very strongly hurts the side of my back. When this is the possible radiation of pain to the groin or hip.
- Appendicitis: inflammation is often accompanied by pain, which first have spilled character, and then most often localized in the hip area on the right side. However, it is necessary to take into account, that in some cases, pain may occur in other areas of the abdomen. Most often acute appendicitis is accompanied by low-grade temperature (37,0), nausea, vomiting, chills.
- Intestinal infections are a common cause of addition, it is constantly stomach hurts. Cause is can various microorganisms and viruses. When a similar lesion is celebrating pancake, spilled pain on the background of increased temperature. In addition, it is observed vomiting, diarrhea. In the stool is a possible admixture of mucus or blood.
- Pancreatitis also becomes a common cause, due to which the pain in my abdomen and in the back, while this pain more frequently, are placed in the upper part. They are accompanied by nausea and more vomit, not bee to alleviate the dryness in the mouth. The tongue is covered with white bloom, which is on the edges of the visible traces from the teeth.
- Cholecystitis can cause in the right hypochondrium pain, which they give on the back, right hand, shoulder, under the right blade. Accompanied by bitterness in the mouth, nausea, vomiting, after which is becomes easier. Provoke an attack can greasy food, or shaking in transport.
- Colitis (intestinal colic) is manifested spilled, sharp pains in the area of the navel, accompanied by weakness, chills. With the availability of problems with the bowel problems seizure can be triggered by the consumption of chocolate, coffee, foods with high fiber content.
Pathology of the musculoskeletal system
Various problems of the spine can also cause back pain and abdomen. Most often wears a drawing or aching in nature and can radiation to the lower extremities and the different areas of the abdomen. Cause pain can these diseases:
- hernia of the intervertebral disc;
- injury to the spine;
Pathology of gynecological range
Women quite often experience pain of varying intensity in the lower abdomen and lower back. Some of them are a threat to the normal life functions, such as, for example, menstrual pain or moderate discomfort during the pregnancy (in the later dates are possible back pain and lower abdomen – the so-called false contractions). But it happens that the pain becomes a signal of serious problems. These include:
- the threat of miscarriage in the early stage of her may indicate pain in the lower abdomen and spotting;
- ectopic pregnancy – manifests itself the strongest (up to loss of consciousness) pain on the right side or the left side of the lower part of the abdomen;
- similar pain may be the result of rupture of the cyst or torsion legs cysts;
- endometriosis is characterized by constant aching pain in the lower back and lower abdomen, increasing during menstruation.
Causes of pain in men
Men also can "boast" of pain, the causes of which are diseases that are custom only a strong half of mankind. These include:
- prostatitis – the pain in this disease, most often localized in the lower back and can make it more intense during urination, irradiate in the back passage and the sacrum;
- infection infection of the urinary tract is manifested by abdominal pain which gradually spreads to the lower back and the give in the groin;
- inguinal hernia causes sharp pain, in the background, which can be determined by the hernial protrusion.
What to do?
It is obvious that the pain in the back and abdomen can cause a variety of different diseases. So what to do if they appear? First of all – not to self-medicate. If you have already been diagnosed, and you are sure that the pains are associated with him, then you can take the medication. So, in pancreatitis, or inflammation of the gallbladder, as well as in the pathologies of the tube system of the head will help relax antispasmodics.
To alleviate the condition in diseases of the spine can pain medication and anti-inflammatory agents. If there is sudden severe pain in the abdomen, it is not worth it to waste your time – call management quick. Remember – in acute pains of the abdomen, if you are not exactly known their cause, we cannot take any medication. This is done so as to distort the image of the disease to diagnosis.
If the cause of pain is not known, then it is worth it to endure, to wait, that it will pass by itself, or engage self-heal. Remember that lost time can lead to the development of serious complications that can endanger the life.