Pain in the kidneys occur quite often, and the reasons for this may be different. In the diagnosis it is necessary to know how to understand that hurts my kidney, not the spine or the shoulders.
Shoulders hurts not only in diseases of the kidneys, but also in osteochondrosis, rheumatic pain, pancreatitis, aneurysm of the aorta, gallstone disease, ulcers of the stomach and duodenum, and also in inflammatory processes, taking place in a small saucepan. In 90% of cases of pain in the lower back pain is caused by just problems with the spine, 6% – diseases of the kidney and in the remaining 4% – diseases of other internal organs.
In addition, back pain is manifested in different ways: it can be stretches, sharp, and to give to the lower extremities. Rheumatic pain, and osteochondrosis pain makes itself known during the execution of movements, to restrict and limit their mobility.
Symptoms of kidney disease
In the diagnosis of the disease is necessary to understand, that hurts me just the kidneys. In the first place it is necessary to determine the localization of the pain, because when kidney diseases feelings of pain in the back are present is not above the pelvis, and a little higher – under the lower ribs. Can be of two types:
- Acute pain, or renal colic. The main reason – is the presence of stones in the kidneys, which are formed due to improper metabolism.
- Dull and aching pain. Arises as a result of the disruption of the normal functioning of the kidney, localized in the lower back and into the lower extremities.
In the first place it is necessary to understand the reasons for which hurts the kidneys. There may have been hypothermia of the organism delegated the inflammatory processes (flu, tonsillitis) or unusual load on the back, due to heavy physical work.
In addition, the symptoms of kidney disease are:
- increased fatigue;
- the overall condition of weakness;
- increased blood pressure;
- loss of appetite;
- nausea or vomiting;
- frequent or painful urination;
- high temperature;
- excessive sweating;
- skin rashes;
- deterioration of vision.
Basic kidney diseases
Among the most common diseases are glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis and kidney stones disease.
Glomerulonephritis – inflammation of kidney tubules and glomeruli. Develops very well and in the first place is manifested by swelling on the face, the appearance of blood in the urine and increase in blood pressure. Pain in the lower back is felt from both sides. The most common cause of this disease serves the delegated colds and streptococcal infections (e.g. tonsillitis). For the diagnosis it is necessary to conduct blood and urine tests.
Pyelonephritis – an infectious disease of inflammatory nature, which is characterized by the defeat of the interstitial tissue of the kidney cups and pelvis. The cause of the infection is in most cases used as bacterial pathogens. Hurt the kidneys exactly in the zone of defeat (pain may be in both of the two sides, so even with one). Deteriorating general condition of the patient, increased body temperature, reduces appetite, in addition, may be nausea and vomiting. Diagnosed by blood tests and urinalysis, performing ULTRASOUND and x-ray contrast.
Kidney stones disease – kidney stones, or ureters. Infectious diseases of the organs of the urinary system – the main reason for the formation of stones in the kidneys. The main symptom is a severe stabbing pain, called renal colic. In addition, temperature increases, blood appears in the urine and worsening general condition. Seizures can be induced by the use of alcohol and heavy meals. For the relief of pain is antispasmodics and pain medication drugs, is indicated by hospitalization of the patient.
Prevention of kidney pain
To reduce the pain in the kidneys, you need to consider is the overall treatment of the disease, which usually happens is quite complex and lengthy.
It is necessary to avoid drafts, prevent hypothermia, limiting the consumption of heavy foods (fried, spicy, salty and too greasy), drink sufficient amount of water (not necessarily natural). You also need to drink decoctions of medicinal plants and specialty teas that have diuretic effects. The diet should include cranberries, cranberry, cucumber, melon and watermelon.
Pain in the lower back
Many are faced with the problem of pain in the lumbar region. It is not always possible to immediately understand, it hurts loin or a kidney.
The roast can hurt for many reasons:
- gallstone disease,
- aneurysm of the aorta,
- a stomach ulcer or 12-earthy intestine,
- kidney disease,
- inflammatory processes in the pelvic cavity.
Pain in the lumbar region, may be a symptom of many diseases, of which 90% of the cases form the problems with the spine and the muscles of the back, about 6% — diseases of the kidney, and only the remaining 4% — diseases of other internal organs.
Characteristic pain in diseases of the spine and the muscles of the back
The pain can be stretches or sharp, "shooting", when it is possible and straighten the back. When problems with the spine pain is more often localized in the middle of the lower back. It can radiation to the lower extremities.
Pain in osteochondrosis of the and rheumatic pain usually amplified during the movement. Mobility in the lumbar limited due to muscle spasm. Feelings of pain are reduced after spawning in the lower back warming and anti-inflammatory ointments or gels. Also, back pain may ease if you equip a warm or a special orthopedic belt.
Symptoms of kidney disease
To understand that you have pain, it is necessary to know what the symptoms when kidney disease may be accompanied by pain in the lower back. The most common are inflammatory diseases of the kidney – glomerulonephritis and pyelonephritis. Also pain in the lower back can be a sign of urinary disease, the main symptom of which is the so-called renal colic.
It is necessary to remember, what was the cause of the back pain. If, shortly before you wet your feet, then it indicates inflammation of the kidneys. If the symptoms was preceded by hard physical work, unusual strain on the back, or just sleeping in an uncomfortable position, then most likely you suffer spine or the lumbar muscles. Glomerulonephritis can be assumed in that case, if in a few weeks, until the emergence of painful sensations in the lumbar region is still angina, flu, or other catarrhal disease.
So how to find out that it hurts my kidneys? To do this it is necessary to pay attention to the following symptoms:
- the deterioration of well-being: lethargy, drowsiness, fatigue, weakness;
- increase in blood pressure, and in consequence, pain of the head;
- the formation of edema in face, legs, which are usually visible in the morning and in the evening smooth;
- increase in body temperature, chills, sweating;
- nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting;
- frequent or painful urination;
- the intensity of the painful sensations do not depend from the position of the body.
Also can vary the urine: it becomes, saturated colors, or, conversely, a colorless, contains in itself blood, mucus or sediment. These symptoms suggest kidney disease.
Very important is the localization of pain. Many do not know, in what place hurts the kidneys and what is the characteristic of the pain. When kidney diseases of the head bothers more often on one side – the left or right of the spine. It located just under the ribs and can irradiation in the following areas:
- on the lateral surface of the abdomen and the groin;
- in the course of the ureter;
- the external genital organs;
- on the inner surface of the thighs.
Characteristic pain in diseases of the kidney
For renal colic is characterized by sharp paroxysmal pain. Painful sensations in the urinary disease are associated with a clogged urinary tract konkrementom and violation of the outflow of urine. Arise amplified peristalsis and spasm of the ureter, in addition, a stone with sharp edges traumatic and irritating the nerve endings in the wall of the urinary tract. These changes are the cause of the pain.
The pain caused by inflammation of the kidneys, it has a different character. Inflamed kidneys to increase the volume, the tissue swells. As a result, stretching of the renal capsule, where many of the nerve endings. When stretching the shell is going on irritation of these endings, which leads to the formation of painful sensations. For pyelonephritis and glomerulonephritis are characterized by dull gnawing feeling in the right and left lumbar region. In these diseases the pain becomes strongly expressed, unlike urinary diseases and diseases of the spine.
Possible causes of pain in the lower back
In fact, the possible diseases that can affect the pain in the lower back, not a few. The basic of these reasons is this:
- osteochondrosis, scoliosis, sciatica;
- inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis);
- aneurysm of the aorta;
- ulcers of the stomach or bowel (particularly the duodenum);
- kidney disease;
- stones in the gallbladder;
- processes inflammatory in nature in a small saucepan.
According to medical statistics, back pain associated with the kidneys comprise only 5-6% of all the possible causes. Also out of 100 who have a 90 (%) of patients back pain is associated with problems in the spine.
Tips on how to recognize pain in the kidneys
Renal colic. The sharp pain caused by clogged urinary tract (hydronephrosis, stones) or enlarged size of the kidney (tuberculosis, cysts, tumors). Sometimes the pain reach such peaks, that person may lose consciousness.
- Swelling. Indicates that the kidneys are not able to recognize excess water from the body, and it spreads to the tissues. Most often appear under the eyes and on the feet of the legs. May be accompanied by itching of the skin and by increasing the pressure.
- Stretches pain. Appear because of disruption of the functioning of the kidneys. Often feelings of pain are reflected in the lower limbs.
- Syndrome extreme (twelfth) rib. When a light tapping on the left or on the right side of the lower part of the back, under the outer edge carries with it an increase in pain.
- Poisoning of the kidneys. Can cause pain in the kidneys occur poisoning chim. substances, alcohol, booze, drugs and other harmful substances.
- To perform the analysis. Analysis of urine for color, the presence of protein, salts, bacteria, leukocytes, etc. will help you determine, pain in the kidneys and their cause (when glomerulonephritis, increased levels of red blood cells in pyelonephritis – white blood cells + presence of bacteria).
- Changed the volume of urine. Characterize problems with urination and the kidneys of the kidneys.
- And, of course, that an ultrasound examination. One of the main methods of diagnosis, which effectively defines the "problem" resulting with the kidneys and gives vital information for doctors to determine the correct diagnosis.
The pain in the kidneys "complain" more and more often. Each year the number of people who suffer from this disease, increases. There are a few very simple rules that would avoid problems with the kidneys in the future:
- Do not expose the cooling of the kidneys.
- Timely and correctly treat disease colds (sore throat including).
- Drink sufficient amount of clean water (not tea, nor coffee, nor soda, and water)
In compliance with these basic rules, now, on the contrary, we observed a trend of decline of renal disease.
The causes and character of the symptom
Pain in the lower back pain can be a symptom of diseases of the spine, as well as violations in the work of the organs of the abdominal cavity, especially the kidneys. However, according to statistics, it is a violation of motor function in the majority of cases are cause of the development of pain symptom. That is, when the pain in the lower back pain in 70 % of cases of kidney is not what.
Listed below are the most common causes of lower back pain depending on the frequency of their diagnosis:
- Osteochondrosis of the.
- Vertebrate injuries.
- Gallstone disease.
- Inflammation of the bladder.
- Inflammatory processes in the genital organs.
A decisive factor in the recognition of the nature of the disease is the character of the pain syndrome in the lumbar region.
In diseases of the spine pain localized in the middle of the lower back that occur:
Especially often back pain arise in the morning, when a person gets out of bed – is typical of acute pain in the lumbar. When the load or movement of the pain sensation can confirm and radiation to the lower limbs, so when sciatica and the intervertebral hernia.
When is present a chronic disease of the spinal column, for example, osteochondrosis of the lumbar, painful changes the coloring or shortly subside when you change position of the body.
Also for the chronic disease is characterized by a drag, a dull pain, especially during a long stay of a person in one position, e.g. at the computer, at the time of sleep, travel in public transport. Sharp pain when performing physical exertion or during a massage can be congenital diseases of the spine, especially in lumbar scoliosis.
How to find out that it hurts your back and not kidneys? This can be done after topical application of pain medication or warming agents – ointments, gels, patch, belt. In the application of these funds pain syndrome in the lower back pain subside.
Also a symptom of an unhealthy process in the spine is spasm of the lumbar muscles – a person is difficult to bend and narovnatXia, usually the patient takes the pose for alleviate the syndrome.